Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm a bad blogger but a change is gonna come

I've been a bad bad blogger. Not only have I completely neglected my blog but I have also forgotten to photograph my knits. And as if that wasn't enough, I've forgotten to count all the new blankets. I feel like I'm living outside the blogging community. (Well, duh! What else to expect when you totally and utterly forgot your own blog!) I don't really know which patterns are IN and what kind of über-wonderful yarn all the other bloggers are ordering from New Zealand. I have no idea what is a meme or an FO and whatnot. The long and the short of it is that I've been knitting blankets. No blogging, no photographing, no nothing. Just knitting blankets, like this.


Blanket number 130

My sister said I will regret the fact that I've been too lazy to take pictures of the latest blankets. She's right, but it's too late now. All the blankets have been shipped to orphanages in Russia. It's comforting to know that they are all in good use, but still... it would have been nice to have all the pictures neatly saved and archived. The ones I had the energy to photograph you can find here. After that, I've made about 10 to 15 blankets.

But you know what, I think it's time to make some changes around here. No, I'm not going to quit knitting blankets. Nothing too drastic like that! It's only that after all this time, I'm beginning to feel like it'd be OK if I made something for my friends, too. I've always had the odd feeling that somehow it's my duty to knit blankets for Russian and Afghan orphans. But you know what, maybe making over 100 blankets for different charitable organizations is more than my share in this making the world a better place thingy. That's why I've decided to give the next blanket to one of my friends. What kind of blanket and to whom? You'll find that out tomorrow. The blanket is ready. All I have to do is to find the energy to snap some pictures.

***

Loppuun vielä kysymys mahdollisille suomalaisille lukijoille. Jos sinulta tai käsityöystävältäsi sattuu löytymään nurkista Seitsemän veljeksen jo tuotannosta poistettuja värejä, ostaisin ne mieluusti itselleni. Ihan vain pienet jämäkerätkin. Jos maltat luopua lankavanhuksista, ota yhteyttä osoitteeseen tilkku (piste) peitto (ät) yahoo (piste) com.

8 Comments:

At 4:33 am , Blogger becky c. said...

If you really mean to post more, I am all for it! Your blankets are beautiful and getting to see a new one always makes my day!

 
At 8:27 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minulla olisi sellaista tiilenpunaista/oranssia 7 veljestä, joka oli jossain vaiheessa (vuosi sitten?) jonain kampanjavärinä. Lisäksi olisi farkunsinistä 7 veljestä, jota on edelleen myynnissä. Kumpaakin näistä on reilu kerä.

 
At 9:57 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blanket. Particularly the stripes & miters.Really very inspriring. Thanks for sharing it, I am transfixed!

 
At 3:36 am , Blogger kelli ann & lorie said...

bonjour, so glad to read a new post, wishing you hundreds more inspiring projects for 2008::

 
At 6:51 am , Blogger gail said...

Yes, make blankets for yourself and your friends. You have saved many, many children with your warm and artistic creations!

 
At 1:32 pm , Blogger Debbie said...

These blankets are beyond Gorgeous!
If I promise to move to Russia or Afghanistan, would you send me one? My jaw literally dropped when I went to your flikr account. Thank you for sharing them with us!

 
At 12:17 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So great to see any of your blankets whenever you post! This oneis wonerful.

 
At 8:22 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blankets are beautiful. Please post for us to enjoy and thank you for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home